Monday, August 19, 2002

Pissing people off is fun and easy



While I have plenty to talk write about, I don't have the time to write all that much. However I do have something of interest to post;

I took one of my better entries on blogger and posted it on the Fray of Slate.com a while ago (the entry was edited just a little). I thought it was applicable to the article it was attached to. I was amazed at how many responses the post got, and how quickly they accumulated. It doesn't take much to whip a whole bunch of netizens into a frenzy.

I think the key to getting the maximum responses is to give the post the most obnoxious headline you can, one that will surely galvanize the audience, which mine certainly did. After talking to Sav de KOS, I'm decided it might be a good idea to link it.

So here it is, the entry was called Everything is Clinton's fault including the test you failed in HS 1988. By the time it was done, 30 posts had accumulated, including the extra posts I added. In all honesty more than half the people agreed with me, but it is fascinating how quickly people starting attacking (a) the post itself (b) the other posters that comment on the first post. Granted most of the posting in the begining is two people, but it doesn't take much time for the whole thing to get ugly and even personal. Not to mention the guy that continues to beat the Dead horse about Clinton while not even responding to the post I put up. During the Clinton presidency this reaction had become so engrained into so many people that's it's almost automatic, a knee jerk reaction.

And the funny thing is I feel like I have a somewhat open minded opinion. Yeah, Clinton did some lousy stuff, none of which I can defend. What annoys me is the messed up priorities so many people have. So many who were chomping at the bit to drag Clinton thru the mud at every opportunity are so ready and willing to defend Bush without a second thought. Clinton was investigated for a lot and much of it turned out to bogus. The Whitewater deal was some 300K land deal that was some how botched. At the end Ken Starr only got Clinton on the investigation of the investigation.

And yet no one from the "Clinton = Satan" school of thought even thinks twice or pauses to look at the Harken deal or The Texas Rangers land grab with half the scrutiny. Swindling taxpayers by using public money to enhance a private enterprise and claiming private land thru public policy is the antithesis of all the rhetoric that is spewed out daily from almost every Republican I hate. Why can't you live up to your own ideals Dubya? That's not even touching the whole Halliburton thing with ole Dicky now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home