Friday, October 25, 2002

I was going to post a review of my album of the week, but it's going to have to wait. I'm too depressed by the passing of Senator Wellstone. Here was a man of extraordinary courage, principles and integrity. He had the balls to vote against the War Resolution in Iraq, the only Democrat to do so that was up for re-election in a tight race. Durbin-D from Illinois is up for re-election, but the race has never been really competitive, and is expected to win handily. There could be other Dems too, but I don't know of any, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

I'm not much for sentiment, but if it helps even the slightest I will say this - The great state of Minnesota and this nation will sorely miss the fine human being that lost his life today. Peace and condolences for the Wellstone family and Minnesota.

PS - if you did a web search on election law in relation to Minnesota and wound up here, I have no useful information in regards to what the law say in regards to the death of candidate up for re-election in Minnesota. The only reason I'm coming up on the search engines is in reference to Joe Conason's post about the switching of a candidate for Governor in Mnnesota back in 1990, and it's relevance to the current Laughtenberg / Torricelli situation in New Jersey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home