Tuesday, June 10, 2003

I've always spent a lot of time in my own head, trying to figure things out. Sometimes it's trying to figure out really deep and serious things like the nature of God and Religion. Others it's how I could not see just how bad the dialog was on those old Star Wars movies, and why George Lucas didn't have the brains to let someone else direct the recent SW prequels.

Since this President took office, and even more so since 9.11.2001, the nature of the serious soul searching I've been doing has been mostly political. Why does the world seem so fucked up now more than ever? How can so many people not just like but love this President.

Am I seeing everything? What am I missing - Is it just because of where I'm sitting? We all have a tendency to view things myopically - skewed by our own biases. I've always tried my best to get out of myself to make sure there isn't something I'm missing.

After much thinking I've come up with some answers, but the answers I've been coming up with seem to be adding, not releaving the feeling of depression that spurred me to look in the first place.

For instance I heard this segment on NPR this morning, regarding the upcoming election. It's just polls which are generally inaccurate and skewed, and its really too early to jump to the conclusion I'm seeing, but I'm finding it distressing.

The press keeps harping on the 'scandal' regarding the White House and the manipulation of Intelligence in order to convince the country to go to war. Is it just me, or is it just the press and my fellow liberals that are furious and rip shit about this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pissed about the issue, and more of this country should be pissed. It just seems like not that many are. I don't get it, Americans should be seriously pissed that we spent billions to invade and will spend billions more to rebuild a country we went to war with over an issue that now seems like a lie.

According to this poll 1/3 of Americans believe we've already found WMD - even though this administration is depererately trying to defend itself against a press, but why should the White House even bother - no one is paying attention. I guess all that bullshit Ari spewed for his tenure behind the podium paid off. No wonder the world community thinks we're a bunch of morons, we're so easily fooled. We're a nation filled with angry and totally misguided ignoramuses who don't know their elbows from their assholes.

Before the war, half of those polled in a survey said Iraqis were among the 19 hijackers on Sept. 11, 2001. But most of the Sept. 11 terrorists were Saudis; none was an Iraqi.


The right wingers are still demanding their pound of flesh with their boycott of France, and yet none of these dumbasses have called for anything similar against Saudia Arabia. You want to boycott Loreal and Yoplait? Go right ahead, but if you don't do anything against the Saudis then I can only say this to you - You are a complete moron, pull your head out of your ass before it's too late.

And none of the Democrats have the balls to challenge the President head on about the issue, the supposed speil about Saudi Arabia being our allies. All of them are going about it in a round about way. They should be taking huge swipes at this guy. Every righty from the National Review to the Weekly Standard would love to see the House of Saud crumble, but none of them will call this administration's on it's business ties to the nation that produced Osama and 15 of the 19 9.11 hijackers.

The most common answer I hear from Bush supporters is that Bush is a God fearing man and he fought those terrorists and he blah blah blah... you get the picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home