Friday, October 03, 2003

Well, I finally got my first article up, about Ephedra, DSHE Act, Canadian drug importation and my favorite GOP sin Hypocrisy, posted on OSP. It has been very rewarding, and you should go read it right now (This means you Bent Wookie and Public Citizen!) I only got one comment, but maybe after some time it'll get more attention maybe? Spent a lot of time researching, and I wound up learning quite a bit like all the info on that's available thru the US Gov, like www.senate.gov and www.congress.gov. There's a quite a bit of it.

I hate kicking a man when he's down, even someone I hate as much as El Rushbo, BUT it's hard not to appreciate the little tidbit I came across on Salon.com, via Joe Conason's page about Vicodin and hearing loss;

"In April 1999, a team of medical researchers published a study in which they associated significant and progressive hearing loss with the abuse of Vicodin, a powerful painkiller, which combines the drugs hydrocodone and acetaminophen. Could this be more evidence of Mr. Limbaugh's illegal use of narcotics? ... In addition, is it not conceivable that many of Mr. Limbaugh's more outrageous and offensive comments over the past fifteen years can be attributed to his recreational drug abuse? As a public figure and self-proclaimed purveyor of morality, Mr. Limbaugh should be held accountable for both his words and his actions." (Another reader wonders why, if Limbaugh actually bought tens of thousands of pills illegally, the police haven't executed a search warrant in his mansion to find the alleged stash.)


I thought I had heard Limbaugh was taking Oxycontin, not Vicodin. I guess we'll all find out soon enough. I'd rather not jump to conclusions, but still it's hard for me anyway to not be taken back by this little factoid. I don't get surprised easily, and this one genuinely blindsided me.

*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home