Monday, June 07, 2004

After much thought I figured out a way to pay my respects to Reagan, and expose what a third rate hack DubyaCo. is at the same time.

So What Else is News on Air America interviewed Walter Mondale about his impression of Reagan. He said he liked REagan personally, and admired his sunny optimism. Mondale even spoke in respective tones regarding the 1984 election. Reagan did not engage in the ugly personal attack style politics that now seem to be the norm. This might have something to do with Reagan's popularity, but I didn't follow politics back then. Heck I didn't know much about politics period, on account that I was 9 years old.

I certainly didn't like Reagan's policies then, and I didn't even know about the details of Reagan's Foreign Policy regarding Latin American. It seemed like a waste, for all the moolah that Reagan blew during the 1980's for nuclear ballistics and defense spending, but I would agree that our excessive defense spending contributed (not single handedly led) to the fall of Communism and the USSR.

We are, to this day, still paying for this strategy. The debt that was amassed during the Reagan Administration still hangs over our collective heads. The huge increase in the Pentagon's budget plus the tax cuts can be blamed for this one. Call it the Peace divided, or rather the Peace deficit. I would imagine that, had I been politically active during that period of time, I would have disagreed with the tax cuts Reagan implemented, BUT I will say this; charging 70% as the tax rate for those in the top tax bracket seems over the top. I know there are some libs who may balk at that comment, but 70% just seems excessive. Anything more than 1/2 in taxes for "earned income" doesn't seem right to me. What do I know?

Either way, here's my point; I know plenty of GOP strategists who would love to align Bush Junior with the Reagan legacy, but there is one huge glaring difference. During the 1984 re-election campaign Reagan didn't not mention Mondale's name till September. Reagan's popularity, or optimism, or confidence, allowed him to virtually ignore Modale until roughly the last two months of the campaign.

Bush on the other hand was trashing Kerry as soon as he was the inevitable Democratic nominee. I'm pretty sure Bush was running negative ads back in March, though I may be off by a little, so please correct me if I'm wrong. Think about that for one second - Reagan didn't say Modale's name till the last 8 weeks before election day. Dubya started in March and continues to run THE MOST NEGATIVE CAMPAIGN IN AMERICAN HISTORY.

For what it's worth I send my condolences to the Reagan family.

With that note, no amount of marketing or campaign contributions will hide the fact that Bush is a miserable failure. I'm looking forward to seeing Bush ejected from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave come November. At least Reagan could blame anything that went wrong on a Democratic Congress, like when Reagan blamed Tip O'Neil for pulling out of Lebanon, despite the fact that Ronnie was the one in charge of our troops. Dubya has no one else to blame for the failures of the last 3-1/2 years but his neo-con enablers, the lemmings in the House, and most of all himself.

After the tax cuts of 1981, Reagan and budget advisor David Stockman had enough sensibility to recognize that their "starve the beast" idea was not working. This is why Reagan raised taxes three times after the tax cut, to keep the Treasury from being swallowed in a sea of red ink. The myopia that afflicts the current hacks in Congress and the White House has blinded them from recognizing something so obvious, that the tax cuts are a disaster. Someone else will have to pay the price for the mess he's made. Nobody in the House and less than a handful in the Senate are prepared to admit the train wreck we're heading for.

Hell, the people surrounding Reagan were better crooks that the crazies that Dubya surrounds himself with. Somebody, or a whole lot of somebodys, in the Reagan administration managed to hide Iran Contra for a good long time, until after the 84 election. On the other hand the scandals come so hard and so fast at Dubya that by the time the shock has worn off of the most recent scandal a new one arrives. There might be a Bush fatigue at some point, although the American populace is more likely to just be plain sick of Dubya and send him packing. There's always a new scandal to take an old one's place. Face it, Cheney and the others are just sloppy crooks and thieves. I guess I should be happy about that one.

I heard this morning that no president has been re-elected when their approval rating is less that 50% by May or June. Dubya is below that number as of right now, which does not bode well for him. It may look like 200 Million dollars in campaign contributions cannot buy the White House. Can you imagine the level of failure this will be? The magnitude of money raised without putting the guy in office could change the way people look at campaign fundraising for Presidential campaigns in the future. Think of all those Rangers and Pioneers, imagine how pissed all those people will be when they've dropped serious coin on Bush and he still gets the pink slip. Some have predicted the possibility of a GOP bloodbath should the GOP lose the Presidency and one of the bodies on congress (possibly both?). The House won't be easy, but the Senate is well within reach.

In light of this stark comparrison, I have some advice for the current President; You may want to do some networking with all those heavyweights you'll be seeing at Ronnie's funeral. Update the resume perhaps? You never know who can help you out with a job. Because, by the looks of things, you're gonna need a new one come January.

26 Comments:

Blogger Dream Builder said...

Great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a business to business email marketing site. It pretty much covers business to business email marketing related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

6:53 PM, October 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Marketing information.

Advanced Business Marketing

More business marketing information you can use.

12:41 AM, October 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool blog you got! I just added you to my bookmarks!

I have a great article resource you might want to check out.

7:20 AM, October 18, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about email marketing services vancouver You should check it out sometime.

12:54 AM, October 21, 2005  
Blogger Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a advertising firm internet online site/blog. It pretty much covers advertising firm internet online related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

4:29 PM, October 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like this one. I have a website that talks mostly about rent opt in list You should check it out sometime.

6:33 PM, October 31, 2005  
Blogger Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a internet marketing for small business site/blog. It pretty much covers internet marketing for small business related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

9:13 AM, November 03, 2005  
Blogger Infactahost.com said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a target marketing site/blog. It pretty much covers target marketing related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

4:31 AM, November 04, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

putting to waste some good money that could have been used in other areas of development for the business involved.

5:39 PM, November 04, 2005  
Blogger Dotmotor said...

I find your thoughts very interesting. Perhaps your readers might find client email marketing newsletter through interesting.

11:42 AM, November 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last month I made $12,124 with Google Adsense...Click
here for free on how you can do the same!

3:51 AM, November 07, 2005  
Blogger HomeSellerMax said...

This comment has been removed because it linked to malicious content. Learn more.

11:02 AM, November 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a email marketing targeted site/blog. It pretty much covers email marketing targeted related stuff. Plus you can advertise to billions using our email marketing targeted tools.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

4:23 PM, November 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I came to your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I have a web site and bolg about internet marketing strategy strategy so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

11:05 PM, November 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I came to your blog and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I have a web site and bolg about affordable internet marketing strategy so I know I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

1:47 AM, November 09, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a **Marketing strategies**blog. It pretty much covers Marketing Strategeis articles related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

6:11 AM, November 10, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is a great tool. I have a online web site trafficsite. It covers online web site traffic related things.

2:39 AM, November 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! What at great blog you have going. I'm new to blogging and I am trying to build up my visitors. I blog about internet web site marketing. I am also offering the eBook "Adsense Empire" to my visitors.... Stop by & get your copy today

1:26 PM, November 17, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll create 1000s of In-bound Links pointing back to your Site

1:55 AM, November 20, 2005  
Blogger rushprnews said...

It is unbelievable how much I am learning from blogging these days. I may not agree with all I read but it is a fascinating process. Please feel free to visit my blog too at
, RushPRnews Daily Gazette, Open-Call for Writers.
My site is** RushPRnews press release services, distribution and free web posting** . Cordially, Anne Laszlo-Howard

6:56 PM, November 21, 2005  
Anonymous home said...

A

3:24 AM, November 29, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://corporatestrategicalliances.com/http://corporatestrategicalliances.com/Effective marketing tools, create a wave of traffic hungry for your product/services with this free set of marketing tools in the download area.

Grab your share of internet income with the most explosive discovery now free to download

6:28 PM, December 31, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maintaining focus is important for success in online business, one must have clearly defined goals and taking steps to accomplish them ia a key factor.
Link to this site: internet marketing online
http://www.internet-marketingzone.info

11:50 AM, February 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, Keep posting more blogs. Keep it up.


Thanks

6:50 AM, February 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Want top search engine ranking? try my software Free check it out.

2:21 PM, March 04, 2006  
Anonymous BLOG said...

Want top search engine ranking? try my software Free BLOG check it out.

8:12 PM, March 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home